Friday, January 29, 2010

quoting a friend, to the president

I love words.

Don't get me wrong,

words have been
pillows for pounding achey heads
umbrellas for downpours,

they have been nutrients
and weaponry,

slicing apart enemies
violently

with nary
a drop spilled.

when my hands
would've killed,

syllables reasoned
with them

but then,

words were my actions.

men and women
spared my temper

and their grief
when words
were stand ins.

words pulled me
up

smacking shyness in the face
and leaving bloody bits of fear of failure
all over the place.

But like any tool,

words can be used foolishly
to paint pretty imagery
existing anywhere but reality

usurping deeds to the point of folly.

Don't get me wrong.

I love words completely.

But words without action
and truth behind them

are empty.

or put another way,

"Now Do Something."

2 comments: